Fall is one of my favorite seasons! Unfortunately, we don’t get much of one here in Texas. While I keep seeing photos of girls with new boots and cute scarves, I am still wearing sandals and tank tops. I don’t like to complain about the weather too much, because it could be much worse, but I do sometimes wish we had the four seasons.
I’ve never been one to linger too long on things I can’t change, so I mold to them.
A few ways I’ve embraced fall in my own way:
- Incorporating the fall colors into my wardrobe (even if it’s not sweaters and jackets yet). I love the dress below that my lovely friend Zel from Honey in the Sun let me borrow for our beach shoot this weekend.
- Getting pumpkin flavored drinks/candles.
- Letting my bangs grow out for the winter for a change.
- Taking walks at night when it actually feels like fall.
- Paying more attention to the leaves that have fallen (I swear they have secret messages in them;)
- Planning more DIY projects with the kids (this week we are making our own picture frames with my friend Chris Pichado)
- Putting more inspirational books on my list to keep my spirit upbeat through the winter months
- Living vicariously through craft blogs and Martha Stewart magazines because I know I don’t have the time to do any for myself.
- Making plans for more dinner parties with friends, because they need it and I need them.
- Giving myself room for improvement, renewal, change, growth and even failure, because they are all necessary for progress.